Everyone feels anxious some of the time. That’s part of being a human animal. However, when it becomes chronic, it can derail your ability to get even basic things done, much less enjoy life.
· feel a sense of worry more often than not
· have racing thoughts
· obsess over small things or actions
· experience stomach issues, muscle tension, headaches, shortness of breath
· feel agitated and need to keep yourself moving or distracted
· find coping mechanisms that aren’t so healthy (over eating, drinking/drugging, excessive shopping/gambling/tv watching/phone screen time, etc)
This is just a sampling of how people experience anxiety. You may experience it in other ways. Your anxiety is valid, however you live it. However you experience them, they can be frustrating and uncomfortable.
There is a path out of this and I will walk it with you.